Friday, May 2, 2008

Evan's Confessions


Evan and his cousin Wade were born a month and a half apart. Since they turned two Jen and I have been letting them play together almost every week (Okay-we might have a few selfish motives). They really get along well and miss each other if they haven't gotten together. Their favorite things to do are going to sports class, playing Wii-especially Lego StarWars, eating, going to the mall, playing outside, eating a treat after clean up and I am sure Jen could add a few more.
Tonight at my parents house we could barely keep a straight face as Evan was talking. He declared that Mickey was now his best friend and that he has "broken up with Wade." He wouldn't go into details just admitted that they were broken up. Where would a four year old get this from?

Egg hunting at Grandma Skinner's April 2006

Dessert after Pizza Night at our house April 2006


Playing outside October 2007

After discussing his friendships Evan wanted to tell us about a dream he had. He had a puppy that could talk and play Wii-in fact together they beat the entire game of "supersmashbrosbrawl" (He has a way of slurring it all together.) We started to move onto another subject and Evan starts crying. He wanted to finish his story and we hadn't let him. We wait a second for him to stop crying and he says he can't stop. He is trying to calm himself down, trying a few times to push a laugh out, but quickly returns to tears. I suspect it was being tired and thinking about this perfect puppy that would help him conquer a video game! In his mind that would be the ultimate pet. I admit that he is probably the child that I will eventually give into and get a pet. At least once a week he asks for some kind of pet-turtle, ferret, cat, dog(although he is still fighting a fear of them), fish-when he learns about a new animal, he wants to love it. He has kept a teddy bear around that was a gift from Aunt Bethany and Grandma when he got ear tubes at 11months that he has found a new attachment to. For the the past three months "teddy" or "super teddy" has been comforting him and occasionally me-
if I am lucky. We love this kind hearted boy!

2 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

That's so cute. What good buds. Evan is so cute.

Jocelyn said...

I love your blog! I'm so glad you started one. Where do you find the cute backgrounds? I'll definitely be checking back to read more about you and your darling family.