Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Jarom!!

Jarom's favorite treat to take to school for his birthday is Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Even in Vegas for kindergarten we took KKs to his class- now it is a tradition. This morning was the grand reopening of the Krispy Kreme by us. It opened today just for him! I went at 6am and was in the drive in line for 50 minutes this morning so he could enjoy his doughtnuts today!

My favorite things about Jarom are:
How willing he is to help out with his younger siblings-he especially loves Thomas (and other babies) and has to say goodbye to him every morning, he is my other set of eyes on Thomas and I appreciate his help with him. Jarom loves books-books are extremely important to him-sending him to his bed is not a punishment, he just picks up a book. He reads at least twice as fast as I do. He is a very loyal friend and enjoys being with friends and cousins. He loves to play games-his favorite game when he was 4 was Spiderman, now he loves playing Cities and Knights of Cataan with us. Jarom can be sneaky-a while ago he hid a old alarm clock in our room and set the time to 3am. The first night I wondered around the room trying to figure out what the noise was until it turned itself off. The second night I figured it out. I tried to be mad at him but couldn't- we all had a good laugh!

I love you Jarom! Happy Birthday!

11 comments:

sage said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAROM LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love Krispy Kreme too! They are worth the wait! hehe Happy Birthday sweet Jarom!

Tina ♥ said...

You are such a good mom to go at 6 am to get him donuts! Can you believe how fast these kids are growing up?? Well, you've got great kids, so you must be doing something right!
Tina

Tuihalalalala said...

I love it.... Krispy cremes for the birthday Maybe Mom is now Jarom's biggest Hero ...I think I heard about that store opening and giving away a lifetime supply of donuts? Well maybe, it was a year supply well... we can always hope.

mom said...

Happy Birthday, Jarom! We love you so much. We are so proud of you and all the wonderful talents you have. I remember babysitting you when you were small while your mother taught school. We would swing, play with toys and sing a lot of songs together. You have always been very smart. One day you said, "I love you, Grandma" and we had never heard you say those words before. I remember playing Spiderman a lot with you in Las Vegas and love to play games with you now. I love how you give me hugs whenever you come to see me. Have a great time being 10 Years Old! Love, Grandma Taylor

Ramona said...

Happy Birthday Jarom! We all love you! Chipper and Mitchell especially think you are one cool kid! Hope you had a great day!

Kristi said...

Wow! You must be a great mom to wait 50 minutes just to get some donuts. I love my kids, but I don't know if I would've wanted to wait that long. :)

Kristen Arnett said...

Yay! Your blog is up and running! Happy Birthday to Jarom! 10 years old?! Wow! That's awesome that he's such a reader. I try to read a lot to Olivia in hope that she will grow to love reading too! Oh, and I'm glad to see everything went well with Thomas's surgery! Cute kids!

DaMomma said...

Hey Amy and Ben! What cute kids!! I saw your comment on Shelley's blog! I'm so glad to find you! My blog is private, but send me an email and I'll invite you. viewthecuties@gmail.com

DaMomma said...

I can't believe Jarom is 10! Happy Birthday!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jarom!

Amy - I am still new to blogging. Where do you and your mom get the cute backgrounds etc. Mine is so blah. I need help.
Beth