Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ready or Not....

I can't believe that in 19 short months we have gone from this...



and this...




to this.






Thomas is my first child to learn to climb out of his crib and the playpen. My other children loved their beds and would patiently wait for me to hear them wake up and come get them. Two and a half is when we ususally took the side off the crib.
Thomas started climbing out one afternoon and after putting him repeatedly in his bed for an hour and a half I decided I had to accept that he isn't a baby and it was time to make his crib into a toddler bed. I was in mourning for a week or so but now it is kind of nice to have him come out of his room, come find us and give us hugs.

10 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes! I don't know if I'm ready for that. Although time is going to run out on me and we will be needing the crib sooner than later.

Episode Experts said...

My, they grow fast, don't they? I am afraid to go to a toddler bed for fear Christopher will give up naps.

Jen said...

It is sad when you see your baby grow up! He is so darling. I love the cute baby pictures. Jen

Kristen Arnett said...

Ohh, that picture of him in your hands is SO precious! I love Camille's updo from Allison too! So fun! I enjoyed reading your memories about Grandma Beth {Rogers}. I totally remember the vitamin C in the brown bottle! She was amazing and I loved playing with her. {Hence my daughter's middle name. :)}

steph said...

We bought Bryce a big boy bed a few weeks ago due to the same problem.I was afraid he wouldn't adjust very well considering he's not even 2 yet. But he surprised us and is doing great!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your note on my website!!! I can see why Thomas no longer smells like a baby. My twins are still in their cribs but we are assembling toddler beds this week. - I'm trying to catch up my reading so maybe more will follow???
Love,
Shannon

Tuihalalalala said...

Awww time flies. He is gatting cuter everyday though. P.s Do you like sushi 2 ..Man I don't even know my friends...

Brittney Blount said...

He is getting so big! By the way I like the t.p. war. I think I went t.p.ing until I got married and I would still go. You could ask randy. Allison is such a good aunt. I bet Camille LOVES her!

Michael and Lindsey said...

Wow, already in a bed! We'll be moving Megan soon--probably sometime this week. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Beth said...

Amy, I am changing my blog to private. Will you send your email to me, and any other family in AZ that you think might me interested. bethemett@q.com
Thanks,
Beth