
We usually take a weekend away and go to Prescott to celebrate, but it didn't work out this year. So we planned a special dinner/FHE to celebrate with the kids. Dinner was great, then we watched our wedding video that was shown at our reception- including baby pictures, a "special" walk through Freestone park and coming out of the temple. Was that really the thing to do? It was hilarious! I couldn't blame our kids from losing interest pretty quickly!
Then we played a game where the kids answered questions about Ben and I before we got married. Jarom knew the answers to most of the questions- the multiple choice helped.
Here they are:
#1 What was our favorite date to go on?
a-going fishing at Saquaro Lake
b-playing pool and eating ice cream
c-shooting guns
#2 Where did we get engaged?
a- at the Ranch by the wash
b-In Utah looking at a waterfall
c- at Disneyland by the castle
#3 How old were we when we got married?
#4 Where did we live after we got married?
Answers-
As far as dating, we did all three things fairly often, but our favorite was fishing. Ben had a four wheel drive truck that we drove into the lake with a group of friends and would build a fire and fish at night. The most famous fishing trip was when I caught a huge, ugly catfish. Everyone joked that I could out fish Ben and that he should keep me around. I don't think I have caught a fish since- even with multiple trips to Black River since we have been married.

My parents have a pool table we played on. We ensured our next date by betting on the winner taking the loser out for ice cream. We loved going anywhere away from town- the Ranch, on the Rim, the lake, or to the desert. Our group of friends had fun shooting guns while we were out.

My parents have a pool table we played on. We ensured our next date by betting on the winner taking the loser out for ice cream. We loved going anywhere away from town- the Ranch, on the Rim, the lake, or to the desert. Our group of friends had fun shooting guns while we were out.
We were at the park in Provo Canyon looking at Bridal Veil Falls when we got engaged in July. I was 21 and Ben was 22 when we were married. After we got married we lived in Ben's grandparents apartments by the temple.








5 comments:
Fun to read! What a cute idea. I was surprised, I didn't know most of those answers! But do I remember poofy sleeves and bangs..too funny!
Your pictures are so cute, and you look so great 13 years later! You are blessed to have such a beautiful family to show for it. Happy 13th!
Oh, and I like your pictures on the sidebar.
hey amy...isnt it great how we can change in such short time?! :) congrats on the 13 years! hope things are going well with your family...
Love the pictures Amy! It was fun to learn more about you guys.
it was so neat to read all about when you guys got married, brings back the good ol' days (and the good ol' hair - ya know).
let's diffinately keep in touch,
-k-?
---whitney
Post a Comment