Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Happenings 2008


Well we did it, we made it to every family Christmas party planned plus a few more in celebration of having my brother Jared in town. Here are our favorite memories of Christmas 2008:




FOG singing on opening night of the Temple Lights
Decorating Mom's tree with her mom's ornaments
Roger's party with the addition of nachos for the not so sweet toothed
Celebrating Kristen's ASU Graduation

New Skinner traditions
Grandma Osborn sharing her favorite service- rolling yarn into balls
Perfect gifts from Grandma Skinner
Marshmallow gun fight cancelled due to rain
Watching the Nativity
Each child sharing a talent,
including Evan's version of Jingle Bells with the karate move at the end
Visiting around Grandma Skinner's kitchen table
Babysitting co-op on the 23rd
watching Miser Brother's Christmas

Haircuts before Taylor Christmas Eve Party
Santa's visit to Great Grandpa's House
Melissa's 2009 Book Club
watching my favorite- It's a Wonderful Life
moving the Christmas tree downstairs on Christmas Eve
leaving a note with Santa's goodies
Camille's favorite reindeer is Rudolph
waking kids up at 7am
watching the kid's faces as they open their gifts

Christmas morning at Taylors- Reflections of Christ

Zero Gravity Race Cars
Beef Jerky
Making the perfect biscuits
Rogers brunch with fresh squeezed orange juice from Grandad's trees



Yummy Tamales at Skinner's
Grandma Skinner's story of swaddling clothes
Nate recruiting Ben to give a talk on Sunday
Quiddler game
Thomas playing/eating with the dog
Staying up late to play with favorite Christmas toys
Thomas and the neverending basketball game
Camille becomes Hannah Montana
Evan's new scooter
Jarom's talking robot

BodyStep with Mom and Allison
BBQ, Kick ball game and Hot Tub with Jared
Party here with Pizza, Nertz and the longest game of Catch Phrase EVER!
Dinner with Nate and Jen
Listening to Ben and Nate's messages on marriage
A Sunday night at home

4 comments:

Jen said...

Perfect! Loved the post. I love that Christmas is about the kids having a great time and fond memories! We really enjoyed dinner too. On our way home, Nate felt bad that he cut it short. Let's do it again soon. Thanks for the Birthday greating. I hear ya on the marriage talk. Things have been a little different around here since then, and I am loving it!!!!!!!! Nate really appreciated Ben speaking with him. I really wish I could have come. I asked Nate how it went and his first comment was, "Ben did a great job." Not surprising though! We sure love you guys.
OH! about the missing keys. There are some memories you just want to forget!!He, he! Love ya!

♥ Natalie said...

I am glad you guys had a family-filled Christmas! That is so important. How are you??

Captain and First Officer said...

Amy:

I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list!

Sarah

Tuihalalalala said...

Sounds like a blast with the Skinner Taylor family