
Several months ago Jennifer and Mom and Dad Skinner were talking about getting together to do the Pat Tillman Run. I was committed as long as my "run" was really a "walk"! Dad gets out to run several times a week and was prepared to run this race. I could tell Jennifer wanted to run but I was glad she decided to walk with Mom and I. We woke up early and drove to Skinner's then on to catch the light rail into Tempe.
When we reached ASU and were walking to the stadium it brought back many memories of all the time I spent on that campus for school. Especially parking at lot 59 and walking to the Education Bldg. Such a long time ago!
Dad left us to start up with the runners, the race started at 7am, but we didn't get walking until 7:40- there were so many people! I loved walking and talking with Jen and Mom. The course was 4.2 miles that ended on the 42 yard line in the stadium. We walked west on Rio Salado onto Mill, east on Curry to Scottsdale Rd, then from 6th to the stadium. As we were finishing, the ASU football players were lined up cheering us on and giving high fives as we were about to cross the finish line. 
I have to mention that my sister in law Jennifer is a huge ASU football fan- when we came close to the players she was soooo excited. We even went behind the fenced off area so she could get pictures with the players.

Sparky!!!
We also checked out the Tillman Tunnel where the football players run out onto the field. Pretty cool. As we were leaving the field, everyone was cheering on an older man that could barely walk, but was just about to finish the race. Walking this was easy for me, but for him it was a huge accomplishment! It made me appreciate my blessings! I might curse my body pretty regularly but what a blessing it is to be healthy and active. I would love to do it again next year! Thanks Mom, Dad and Jennifer for the great time and memories!







6 comments:
That is so funny, I ran in the race too. Can't believe we didn't see each other. There weren't that many people right???
hey that sounds fun... sione and his wife ...were there too!! maybe i just might do it next year too!! .... =)
Good for you! I will be ready and do it with you next year, K? You look great, by the way.
That sounds like so much fun! I've always wanted to do it, but haven't ever. I'll definitely have to next year.
It was fun walking with you and mom! Thaks for walking with us. And, Thank you for helping me with my kids while I was gone. I have a treat for you. We'll talk soon! Lot's of Love!
I am having soom serious issue's with my blog as you can tell. Alyssa didn't leave you the last post. Sorry!
Post a Comment