Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where Did the Summer Go?

So it might seem like from the number of posts I've completed this summer we have been busy vacationing all summer- but no, most has been spent here at home, and all of it has been spent in Arizona! We have had a fun summer, lots of swimming, movies, playing with friends, working on our backyard landscaping, and going on a few trips north with family.

June was spent in swimming lessons. Camille loved syncho this summer, she also took diving and braved the high dive. Evan advanced a level in lessons and can keep up with the older kids. Thomas and I took a mom and me class and he has no fear. He has caught on to a freestyle/dog paddle stroke and is starting to take breaths. He loves going down the slide and off the diving board. We can't take our eyes off him for a second though.


Jarom took swim team this summer and loved it. I think he discovered how great it feels to accomplish something that wasn't easy. Up at 6am Mon-Thurs and swimming tons of laps! He might not have been in the fastest crowd on the team, but he kept at it and improved his time in every stroke! He surprised me when I thought he wouldn't mind if we skipped practice one day (I wanted a break), but he really wanted to go. He had a great cheering section with us and grandparents sweating in the stands. Good job Jarom!

3 comments:

Brother Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina ♥ said...

The summer did go fast! Sounds like you guys had a nice relaxing summer.

Laura said...

I agree summer is too short. But we will still have 100+ weather really not fair. That is great the Jarom loved swim team. Some of my greatest blessing came from swim team is around about way.