

For part of my birthday, Ben watched the kids last month while I went on a girls weekend trip to Salt Lake City with my friend Suzie. We have been friends since jr. high and have kept in touch ever since she moved during high school to Utah. She is in Idaho now and we met in SLC for 3 days. We had such great time catching up, and laughing about everything we thought was so important 20 years ago.
We went straight from the airport to Olympic Park and rode the zipline, alpine slide and bobsled- we felt pretty adventurous.


The rest of the weekend we shopped, ate, did a temple session, listened to an organ recital in the tabernacle, got pedicures, ate some more, saw Momma Mia & Get Smart, shopped some more, and laughed our way through our old journals and scrapbooks. Suzie has had a rough summer and it was great to talk, laugh, cry and continue our friendship.
March 1995
July 2007-My Evan is hiding in the car
July 2008







9 comments:
I'm glad you got pampered for your birthday!!! You deserve it!
That weekend sounded like way too much fun! That was a lot of fun things packed into just a few days. HOW FUN!!!!! I remember the days we had the big hair like your picture from 95. Glad you got to go do that.
Amy - Happy Birthday. We were up in Park City doing the same things about 3 weeks ago. Glad to see you enjoyed your B-day.
Hope you had a great day!! what a fun trip! the 1995 hair brings back many memories!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! What a friend I am because I totally forgot. Your trip looked like a blast. What a good hubby you have to take the kids all weekend. Hope your day was great because you deserve it!!!
Happy late birthday to you! I am glad you had a fun trip, I am sure that she really appreciated your strength...hers is a sad story....I would love to have Ben cook for me for a weekend....when can he come down??
Awww sorry I missed that day to say Happy Birthday.....Sounds like you had a fun one....luv from me
I am so glad you got some girl time! How fun, theres nothing funner than laughing with an old friend!! Sounds like Salt Lake was a blast! You girls are pretty adventerous!! Happy belated bday!!
Hope you had a great birthday! It sounds like you did. Jarom's dessert looks yummy.
Happy Birthday Amy! I am jealous of the girl trip. Sounds like a blast.
Post a Comment