Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandparents Day

Evan was excited this week to invite both grandmas to his school for a special activity. He called and invited them- his phone skills are pretty limited so I had to make sure the messages were delivered. Evan said the favorite thing he did with his grandmas was singing the "Who let the letters out" song. They also strung a necklace for Evan, and made two photo frames with his picture in it for both of them. Evan insisted that one was the real one and one was the fake one. We figured he meant that the real one had more decoration than the fake one, but who knows! I know it meant so much to him (and me) to have both grandmas there. I can still remember both my grandmas coming to eat lunch with me in elementary school.

Camille also had a grandparent day September 2006.


5 comments:

Cedar said...

How fun! What a neat experience, I know for a fact I never got to eat lunch with my grandmas!!
I totally spaced that it was even grandparents day- my calender is on my fridge, why I am so forgetful, I don't know!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

You can totally see on his face how happy he is! Glad that they could both be there!

Tuihalalalala said...

yOUR MOM DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A GRANDMA...Ha

Brittney Blount said...

Hey Amy, I bet your mom loved that! I know my Mom would.

Anonymous said...

Awww...cute pictures! :) Grandparent's Day is awesome!!!

i am glad that i parents have always been able to go to my kids' grandparent's day programs :)