Friday, September 19, 2008

Koolaid For Sale!!

Yesterday I give into Camille and Allison and let them have a Koolaid Stand. (No Lemonade in the house.) There are two reasons I decided we could handle it yesterday. Camille has been trying find ways to earn money- she even woke up early excited to draw pictures that she wanted to sell to get money. So besides the Koolaid and Oreos, it was an Art Sale also. The other reason was that everyone else had friends to play with and were going in and out of the house and Thomas thinks he can come and go here as he pleases. So I was going crazy handling his tantrums because he couldn't follow the big kids. So I went out with the girls to help them set up and let Thomas explore and run free. Camille and Allison did a little bit of advertising with neighbors and had a steady flow of customers.


I had to negotiate to bring Camille's idea of prices down a little. They made their signs and emptied a roll of scotch tape getting them up.

Thomas was loving every second of his freedom, Koolaid and cookie. I only had to save him from running into the street once, and running to the park twice. This is what happens- he starts walking down the sidewalk, I call and he pretends to not hear me, so then I start following him. When he knows I am behind him he starts laughing and takes off as fast as he can, so I am running as fast as I can to catch him. I'm sure you have all experienced that fun game!!

The rest of Allison's family came to join us. Darla and I sat with the babies in the grass watching the kids spoil their dinner.

Evan even brought out the life savings!

I love this face! Mikey is such a cutey! He and Evan can get pretty "goofy"- at least that is what they tell us.

Camille sold two of her Hot Wheel drawings to Evan and Mikey.

The food was gone and we were starting to think about getting up to help clean up, when the sprinklers turned on. Darla, Sammy, Thomas and I got pretty wet! All of the other kids stood on the driveway watching us scrabbling, trying to save the babies and our cell phones. I do have to admit that Thomas froze on his lawn chair crying at getting wet and I went back in to save my phone and camera before I helped him get out! Hummmm.....

But he didn't even get wet enough to wash his cookie face off, so hopefully he isn't scarred for life that I didn't save him first.

5 comments:

Kristen Arnett said...

Children and lemonade {or Koolaid} stands are the cutest! How creative of Camille to sell her artwork as well! {Before I scrolled down, I thought you meant your sister Allison!} It looks like you guys are having fun! Let's hope Olivia never learns how to play Thomas's running away game. :)

Jen said...

So cute!! I got a big kick out of camille selling the pictures she made. I thought I was the only child who did that. What a fun memory this will be for her. Your a great mom Amy. What cute kids you have. Love, Jen

Tina ♥ said...

Your a good mom to let them do that. Maybe someday I will be as nice! It is something they will always remember.

Darla said...

I am so glad that you said "yes" to the Kool-Aid sale. You know what I would have said. The kids had so much fun. Thanks for helping me throw caution (Uh, I mean making dinner) to the wind and just relax for an afternoon. I don't know what we would do with out your family!!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

That is so cute! I ecpecially loved the sprinklers....