Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lunch with Colleen

I enjoyed a lunch with a great friend that I never get to see! Colleen has been a treasured friend since high school and we have started keeping in touch more lately, inspite the distance between us. I couldn't resist posting my favorite picture of us from our senior year. (I like this natural pose much better than our Contempo Portraits we took together with matching shirts!) I have so many fun memories of Colleen: country dances, youth guides, sewing, trip to Pinedale, working at Data-Cal and the group date for MHS Christmas formal where she took Ben (can't find that picture or I'd post it!). We went through a lot together, but most of my memories include us laughing so hard we cry. We had a great time catching up- next time her sister Rochelle has to come too!


The first time I saw Ben after his mission was at a New Years Eve Dance in downtown Mesa with Colleen. Ben had only been home from his mission for two days, and his friends had dragged him there. Colleen and I were standing talking, and Ben comes up to say hello to us. Then he promptly asks her to dance and they left me hanging out by myself. Little did he know that he had just chose a friend to dance with and not his wife!

2 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

How fun! Glad you guys had a good day.

Anonymous said...

oh my heck! i haven't seen colleen in forever - she looks great! whe you see her again, tell her hi from me...
p.s. love the old photo, that's how i remember you guys!