My youngest boys have discovered some new talents this week.
Thomas has started to pedal this tricycle. He is just starting to get it and I'll give him a push to get started, but he loves feeling like one of the big kids on his bike. He also is getting pretty good at the kids Razor scooters- and he insists on doing it by himself. 


Evan has mastered his bicycle- with no training wheels. He has been begging me to take off his training wheels for at least six months. I knew once they came off the likelihood of them going back on if he couldn't do it would be very small. So I finally took them off and we have been helping him a little for the last two weeks. On Monday at a family trip to the park he got it- even starting by himself! And now he is obsessed! He is always thinking of the next bike ride.


In fact, this morning he was extremely upset that he had to wait until after he went to a friends house to ride his bike. After he got back, during his 10 minutes before he left to school we went outside so he could ride for a few minutes. He was getting brave and was showing me how he could ride without his feet on the pedals- and was watching me, not the road. He couldn't get his feet back on the pedals and get control of his bike before he ran into a parked car. He didn't hit too hard, but the side of his face did hit the headlight as he fell down. So sad!!! I brought him inside and was trying to stop his bloody nose as he calmed down. Then he said he was fine. I was trying to clean up the blood all over his face wondering if he could leave for school in the next few minutes, when he said, "Stop it mom, you are wasting my time to ride before school!"







3 comments:
Ha ha! What a tough little guy! I hope I get better at dealing with blood by the time my kids are riding bikes.
Poor little kid! When you fall off a bike you get right back on right?? Lucky for Thomas to have older bros show him how its done!!
Cute boys! Love that they are fearless;)
Post a Comment