We took the kids to Peralta Trail to hike since the weather has been pretty cool.

Evan begs to go hiking and did a great job keeping us moving- I bet he could even keep up with Grandpa Taylor! Camille had just come home from spending the night with her Grandma Skinner, and is never really excited to hike with us, but we learned that if we keep the snacks and water coming she will get her second wind and doesn't complain. Thomas is getting pretty big to ride in the backpack, but definately can't be trusted to walk by himself. Once we let him out before we headed down, he cried to get out the rest of the trip. 
On Sunday at my parent's for dinner we noticed Evan had some sort of rash.

He ended up with hives for three days from something he picked up on the trail. He was miserable and had round the clock Benedryl and baking soda baths.

Jarom took several landscape pictures while we were hiking, maybe this was the bush that kept Evan home from school for three days?








3 comments:
That hike looks fun you will have to tell me where it is. I just had to share with you that Lilly loved singing time this last Sunday. She was singing all the way home "I am a builder". I think it was an added bonus that she got to hold a hammer.
Oh no!!! Poor guy - what a rash.
Don't you just love hiking with the kids!?! So much fun!!
I hope you are doing well. I need to give you a call and see what's up! ;)
I love all the new posts! I think that is so neat you guys go hiking together.
Post a Comment