My little monster continues to bring me joy and frustration constantly throughout the day. I do love the cute things that he does and says and can feel this toddler stage slipping away so fast! Each day I especially notice the "growing up" he is doing as he learns to talk better. When we went the the Ranch last January, my Grandma and Grandpa Taylor got a kick out of him trying to say "cotton-picker". The kids have laughed and laughed getting him to say it the past two months. He can now say it almost perfectly.

In this picture he insisted taking his food outside to eat and I let him go, then went back inside to get his drink, thinking he'd by sitting at the table or on the porch. But no, he had dumped his mac and chesse and cherry tomatoes in a more portable place, so he could continue with his favorite activity. He loves riding and will try to bring the trike from the backyard, over the carpet and ride in the kitchen and on into the garage. He is so good on that trike that he can keep up with me as we walk down the street to the park.
We got rid of Thomas's pacifier last week. My kids have all been consistant with taking a pacifier since birth, and I definately encourage it at the beginning. Then when they are about 10 months we keep it only in their bed to use at bed/nap time (we may pull it out occasionally for sacrament mtg). We let them put it under the pillow, then I have to quickly put it up higher. We have gotten rid of it between two and two and a half. So it was time for Thomas. Nap times have gotten a little tricky adjusting to not wanting to be in his bed. I have to share our attempt at nap time today.
We have dentist appts at 3pm today, so I needed Thomas to take a little earlier nap, so I layed down on the floor, by his little bed hoping to help him get to sleep. I pretended to be asleep and these were the things he did while I peeked at him:
He got his pillow from his bed and layed it next to mine.
Threw the first blanket in my face, then tried to spread it over me.
Did the same with his second blanket.
Layed down by me and gave me lots of kisses.
Said "eyebrow" and poked at my eyebrows.
Tried to put his finger in my nose.
Sat up and read five books, mumbling about them- saying either "firetruck", "go potty", "basketball", "Elmo", and "spider".
Leaped over his pillow a few times.
Opened his drawer and tried for at least a minute to put another shirt on-
when he gave up he put the shirt back in the drawer.
Threw a ball in my face.
Layed down by me trying to snuggle up, but gave me a fat lip with his head.
Pulled some toys out of the toy box to play with saying, "What-the-heck".
Said nigh-night to his monkey and teddy bear and layed them on his bed.
Stuffed the teddy bear's head into a cup.
Crawled under his bed to get something, hitting his head as he came out.
Sat on top of me and saying "Gitty-up".
Looking at the owie on his foot, saying owie, owie, owie........
Put his foot in my face-probably so I could kiss it better!
I threatened to leave if he didn't lay down, but then I was enjoying just seeing what he did! After about 40 minutes I left. He cried for five minutes having to stay in his room, then feel asleep.







4 comments:
That was really cute. What a busy little boy he is! Laying down with Annalee doesn't work either because she just climbs on me. Cute blog.
Thomas seems like a boy Benjamin would get along with. Fun reading that little incident Amy
This sounds a lot like my typical day and my boys have done some of the very same things. It's really fun to read about it from another mom-you can laugh about it that way.... ;p)
I've really been trying hard to slow down a bit and just enjoy them and their "quirks" although the closer they get to 2, the harder that is sometimes.... ;)
Thanks for sharing this Amy!! ;p)
After all of that,I think you are the one who probably deserved the nap!! The joy's of motherhood and toddlerhood!! Love the post!
Post a Comment