Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thomas is Two!!

My baby is already two years old! We feel so blessed to have Thomas in our family.
When I learned that we were expecting, I "joined the club" of all the other women in our ward having babies spring and summer of 2007. We were very excited. Ben was contimplating taking a new job, and I had just been put in Young Womens. We had a surprise at my first doctors appt. when I was really three months along instead of the two months I thought I was. I wish I could say that it was an easier pregnancy, but it wasn't. Camille and I had to come to terms with having another boy, but all went well. Thomas, like all my others, came two weeks early. Just in time for having all the kids home for spring break- thoughtful family and friends offered to keep the older kids busy.





It is so fun to have older kids that find as much joy in watching Thomas grow up as Ben and I do. Jarom, Camille and Evan have constantly prayed for Thomas ever since he was born to "grow up and be healthy and strong" or "help him learn to walk" or whatever is the next milestone. Just this morning Evan prayed for Thomas to "hurry up and turn three."



I love having another brown eyed boy! Thomas loves his dad and a quick phone call to talk to him can stop any tantrum. He loves to swing outside and go to the park. He copies the last few words of everything we say, but for the first time this week Thomas actually answered "Yes" to a question. He loves all his grandparents and cries to see them. He knows the names of all his and his siblings friends. He knows he can do anything that he sees the older kids do. Thomas is addicted to chocolate milk and is very demanding about getting food when he wants it. He can be pretty rough with everyone, but is quick to say he's sorry and give a love.Thomas has been watching the Elmo's World about Birthdays. We have been singing the Happy Birthday song and has been singing it to himself for a couple of days. I laughed on Sunday morning when he was in the shower and he was singing it over and over!
We were pretty low key for his birthday. Sunday lunch was at my parent's house with a candle stuck in his chocolate chip cookie. Grandma and Grandpa gave Thomas a scooter, so he can keep up with the big kids.


At Skinner's for dinner we had brownies and ice cream and Thomas is loving the bath toys he opened from them.

10 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

You seriously have cute kids! Love all the pictures. Can't believe your baby is two. Mine just turned 1. Time flies.....

Jen said...

Happy Birthday you brown eyed boy!! WE love you!!!

Darla said...

Thomas is such a cutie!! Can't wait to see him crusin' on his scooter.

Erin said...

I can't believe how fast 2 years have gone by. crazy. He and Nash have the same love for chocolate milk. It is so fun to watch these boys learn new things everyday!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Happy Birthday to Thomas! I love that picture of he and Ben...he is a sweet boy!

jared said...

keep the boys coming. you are doing good.

Kristi said...

He is such a cute boy!! I can't believe that he is 2 already. We are adding another addition to our family. Everyone is hoping for a girl. It is fun to see how excited my kids are. It will be nice having my kids older because they will be a lot more helpful.

** You need to join Facebook! :)

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! Amy - he is such a darling boy. Can't wait til we can see you all again.

♥ Natalie said...

Cute post!!! You guys have such a cute family - love all the pics! ;)

p.s. Thanks for all of your hard work with your calling! I KNOW that you are doing fantastic, because my kids are coming home singing the Builder song.... THANKS for your hard work!! It's paying off. These children will remember forever. ;)

You're awesome.

Michael and Lindsey said...

What a cutie! I hope he had a great birthday. Hey, I think I might be considering your piano student swap idea that we talked about a few months ago. I don't know if you're still up for it. We can talk about it next Sunday.