Friday, May 15, 2009

Jarom's Birthday!

I am stunned that my oldest has grown another year older!

When Jarom was born I was at the end of teaching first grade. He wasn't due until the last day of school, but surprised us two weeks early weighing 7lb 15oz. It was so fun to be new parents. All of a sudden everything evolved around this new little person. I remember in church Ben and I would actually fight over who got to hold Jarom!




Jarom decided from the first bite of baby food that he would be a picky eater. I got so frustrated trying to get that kid to eat! There was a point that we were seriously worried that he wasn't gaining weight, but looking back it probably wasn't that big of a deal. At one, he loved the Carnation chocolate instant breakfast drink and ever since, chocolate milk is still a daily food for him. Now he eats lots of food, including asparagus, but not mixed together. We seldom have any casseroles for that reason- and his dad is in a constant fight to get him to enjoy our favorite homemade macaroni and cheese, but by now he probably just refuses to get a rise out of Ben.
One of Jarom's favorite past times is reading. When he was in first grade we were worried about his progress in reading. From October to January he was in the pull out class to get more help in reading. He really started "getting it" after that and by the end of the summer he had read the first two Harry Potter books. Now we can't get him to stop reading! There is a big joke in his class this year that everyone has to hide Jarom's book during class parties or he will sit and read.




Jarom has loved being in cub scouts and is looking forward to 11yr old scouting. He has a great sense of humor and keeps us laughing. He also loves to swim, go bowling, eat steak, help plan and cook meals, help teach Thomas to do new things and sleep in. We love you Jarom, Happy Birthday!!!!


2 comments:

Episode Experts said...

I did not know you went through eating issues with Jarom. It is so not fun! I am so excited because Christopher added two new foods last week and one was protein!

Kristi said...

I can't believe how fast time has gone. I remember that school year when you had him. :)