Friday, December 11, 2009

Our December Birthdays

We celebrated Camille's and Evan's birthdays with just family this year. Keeping it low key this year has kept my holiday stress level pretty low. I was pretty much the grinch last year, so this year we are excited and enjoying December! The birthday weekend was fun, beginning with a breakfast before school on Camille's birthday. We let Evan open one of his gifts too since they were getting the same thing.




Menu- Eggs, homemade biscuits and chocolate milk



I take kids their choice of lunch to school on birthdays, luckily they both wanted McDonalds!



On Evan's birthday we went to my mom's for kid's choice for dinner and more presents. Evan's food choice was my mom's homemade pizza and brownies. Camille's was my chicken noodle soup and chocolate shakes.


I noticed that Thomas is in just about every picture! All weekend he refused to admit that it wasn't his birthday. He even sang happy birthday to himself for three days. My little sidekick can make himself center stage anywhere. Of course grandma was kind enough to light the candles again for Thomas to blow out. I commented to my sister how Thomas seems to always get his way and what a youngest child he is. She agreed and said it sounded familiar! Ha!


Big brother helping build Evan's legos- hours of fun!

We had an exciting Skinner gathering for FHE- hopefully no one minded
squeezing into our house, but I am sad I didn't take any pictures.

2 comments:

Tuihalalalala said...

I can't imagine you being a grinch ever Amy...Hey thanks for atending the shower, it meant alot to me you being there and you always have a way of making me feel so loved in all the little things you do and say..You are the spirit of love and Charity...that's the truth not a compliment.

Julie said...

I enjoyed reading your birthday traditions with your kids. Gotta love these December birthdays! I also loved what you said about Thomas being in denial that it wasn't his birthday too-- so cute. You have a really great family!