




We recently went to Evan's first soccer game. When I first told him he was going to be on a soccer team he was scared saying that he didn't know how to play soccer, and we weren't able to discuss it for a couple of weeks. Then he started to get excited. He is on a team with one of his good friends, Dalen and Dalen's mom is the coach. They have so much fun doing monster kicks and playing shark at practice.
When Evan was rotated in for the first time, he did good at knowing which way to kick the ball. He got a kick or two that first quarter but when he was rotated out he started crying. I knew instantly that he was disappointed he didn't make a goal and that I had neglected to warn him about unrealistic expectations. I'm sure he imagined making lots of goals and being a soccer superstar. I talked to him but I could still see that look in his eyes that he was on the verge of tears. It was so cute- he was trying so hard not to cry. Dalen got in on the conversation, being so sweet about making him feel good.
He loves playing soccer, especially with such a great coach! He is getting better at each game. He is still very enthusiastic and has to wear his uniform to every practice. We are so proud of how hard he works!







3 comments:
How fun! What a cute story about Evan's first game.
very fun! what a cute little soccer man!
Amy, wow how the time flies, I found your blog from Mary's. You have a really cute family. If you are interested mine is tandtbrunson.blogspot.com hope to hear from you soon. Tori
Post a Comment